Mark F. Sauer
President & CEO
Mark was born in Southern California and grew up in the South Bay of Los Angeles. His mother, Inez and father, Fred were depression age children who believed in hard work and perseverance. Along with his older sister, Cindy, they lived in the home the family built in the City of Rolling Hills in 1956. The family was active and vacations typically revolved around snow skiing. Following graduation from Miraleste High School in Rancho Palos Verdes in 1977 Mark attended Los Angeles Harbor College. Mark was a member of the 1978 State Champion baseball team at Harbor College and went on to play at U.C. Santa Barbara for the nationally ranked Gauchos. Mark graduated UCSB in 1982 with a Bachelor of Science degree.
Mark remained in Santa Barbara for several years working as a finish carpenter. Later he moved to Sacramento to work in commercial real estate. The next move was to Orange County California to work as a superintendent for a large commercial contractor. In 1986 Mark obtained his General Contractors License in California and began the uniquely named Mark Sauer Construction (MSC). MSC became a California corporation in 1995.
The offices of MSC and the Sauer family home have been in Corona California since 1988.
- AA degree L.A. Harbor College
- BS degree U.C. Santa Barbara
- California and Nevada state contractors license holder
- California certified small business
- Multiple award winner, California Preservation Foundation
- Multiple award winner, California Governor’s Award
- Multiple award winner, Los Angeles Conservancy
- Multiple award winner, City of San Diego Historical Resources Board
- Multiple award winner, San Diego, Save Our Heritage Organization (SOHO)
- Multiple award winner AIA San Diego.
- Member of the California Preservation Foundation
- Member of Save Our Heritage Organization (SOHO)
- Member of the Woodworkers Institute
- Member or the L.A. Harbor College Sports Hall of Fame
- National level Masters bicycle racer